Tuesday, November 6, 2012

A rosy gas trip

As I was putting gas in my car, the pump was going "chunk, chunk" and kept shutting off. Don't you hate that? My mood was turning sour.

Anyway, there was a guy filling up nearby, his girlfriend or maybe she was his wife, was waiting inside the car. She suddenly popped out and said, 

"This is for you," handing me a single rose.

I didn't know what to say. I stuttered that it was so sweet of her.

"What is your name?" I asked.

"Jenny."

I said, "Thank you so much, Jenny!"

She explained she is a beauty school student and they practice daymaking.

What a lovely idea!

As they left, I held up my rose and hollered, 'THANK YOU!"

She just smiled sweetly and they drove away.

Jenny certainly made my day!

This post was shared on this neighborly website:

No comments:

Post a Comment