Tuesday, November 20, 2012

A Thanksgiving foreshadowing?

I hope my cooking slump goes away before Thursday.

Trying to be frugal, I decided to make the kids marshmallow krispy treats for their lunchboxes. Only I didn't have enough marshmallows. And it was really early in the morning.

I took the eight or so marshmallows (probably leftover from a campfire night) out of the fridge. Their rock-solidness should have been my first sign.

I added some butter. I don't know how much. It was early.

Then I microwaved it. I do remember how long I microwaved it, actually. 

TOO LONG.

It was gunky, sticky and brown. It kind of smelled good for a while, like s'mores. 

Then it didn't smell so good.

Poor kids. I ended up sending chocolate chips for their lunchbox "desserts."

Thanksgiving? We'll see what happens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment